Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Red and the White

I am trapped in a prison. A prison with no walls or locks or guards
I am confined by nothing, not even myself.
The prison does not exist physical or mentally,
i am not trapped inside a bulding or inside my mind,
yet i am still trapped.

I am free to leave my prison. I am free to walk the world as i see fit
but the world has no place for me, so i have no place to walk,
thus i am trapped.

Of course that is not the end.

The world too is in a prison, It, unlike myself,
is confined by everything.
The entire universe holds it in place and All keeps it there.

The world is trapped.

The universe, others would say, could not be trapped, for it is everything. But, that is the confinement, the universe is all things, a thing itself that cannot be changed.

So, the universe is trapped.

I am nothing, so i am free.
That is still not the end.

Though who is to decide that being free be a blessing,
confinement a curse. Were the world, or the Verse,
be set free from its ways then all would be lost.
And chaos ensue.
People may struggle against such things,
draw conclusions to such words
but that doesnt mean they are right. So i exist, yet i do not.

I am trapped, yet I am free.
The Red, and the White.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home