Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Winter Coat


Spring is pretty much here, and its time to sheer the sheep and prepare for the warmer months. In my mind though, its autumn not spring, and im climbong on play equipment as the the dappled rays break through golden leaves. But i will have to come back to reality soon, and sheer my own mighty locks before the summers heat takes hold. I will miss my beard i think, it has served me well this winter. And there is nothing like a beard it seems to bring familiarity, mistaken as it may well be. Still being mistaken for John Lennon, or Jesus, is as good a conversation starter as "Hey, whats with the beard?" has been.

Yes it will be missed.

What will i do in the coming months, my social skills as reclined as they have become. Spring indeed is a time for new things though, and that will be just one of them. Stepping into spring should really be done early in the year though rather than now, so much more poetic, and, well, right to step into the new year and be greeted with the beauty and emburgeoning warm of spring, out of the cold harsh winter months.

Although, just between you and me, winter is perhaps my favourite time of year. Or maybe autumn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home